Mar 01, 2018
CO-ED INTRAMURAL VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
TEAMS OF UP TO TEN PLAYERS, SIX MINIMUM, CAN SIGN UP HERE!
DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FOR A TEAM BUT WANT TO BE ADDED TO A ROSTER WHO NEEDS A PLAYER? SIGN UP HERE!
Rules of Play
- Maximum of ten (10) player’s on a roster, minimum of six (6) players for full team.
- A maximum of one (1) varsity team players permitted on a team’s roster. A varsity player is defined as a team member on the intercollegiate team.
- Each match will consist of best of three sets: 1st two to 25 and if needed deciding set to 15. All sets must be won by two (2) points.
- Each team is required to have six (6) players to start a match.
- The teams will switch sides of the court following each set played.
- Volley will determine which team will serve first in set one, losing team will serve first in set two.
- The ball can only be hit three times on each side before the ball goes over the net, any more than three times will result in the other team getting the point and serve.
- The ball cannot be thrown or caught or it will result in the other team getting the point and serve.
- No player is permitted to hit the ball twice in a row.
- No player can block the ball coming over the net on the serve. If a player blocks a serve it will result in the serving team getting the point and maintaining serve.
- Any ball that hits on or within the lines of the court will be considered “in” and count as a point.
- Any ball that hits the net and is not returned will result in a point for the other team and scoring team will maintain/ receive serve.